Hello! Thank you so much for choosing me to document these special family moments in the first year of your baby's life. It is a deep passion of mine to work with these sweet babies and their families. I consider myself so lucky to be around so many cute little faces all the time! My goal is for our time together to be comfortable and an amazing experience for your family. Please read through this guide for easy to follow instructions to prepare for our session.
HAPPY BABY TIPS
1. Keep baby in their normal routine, as much as possible, leading up to our session.
2. Depending on session time, ensure they have a full nap (please don’t skip their regular nap on session day).
3. Feed baby before coming to the session. We want to make the most of our time together.
4. Please bring snacks but keep them hidden. Typically if a baby sees snacks, they will focus on the snack and all chances of getting a shot without goldfish in their mouth are lost. Same goes for toys/lovies or things that usually make your baby smile. Please keep them in the diaper bag or car and we will use them as a last resort.
5. When you arrive to the session, I will give baby/kids some time to warm up and get accustomed to me and the camera.
6. If you have an outfit from home to be photographed in, please have baby already dressed in your outfit from home upon arrival to the session. Cover with a bib or blanket in car if worried about getting anything on their outfit in the ride over.
WHAT TO WEAR?
For milestone sessions, I offer a few options in my studio wardrobe for babies 3-12 months. For girls I have several rompers and frilly’s and for boys I have adorable suspender pants and jeans, onesies, and more.
You may bring a choice of outfits for us to pick through. We typically will shoot 2-3 looks in one session. Changing the baby more than that can make them upset.
I recommend sticking to a neutral color palette with no graphics or text. This will create beautiful images with baby as the focus. Items with a natural or vintage feel (think lace, chambray, suspenders) photograph especially well and have a timeless look.
DO I NEED TO BRING PROPS/ACCESSORIES?
I have plenty of accessories and props for both boys and girls that I hand pick specifically based on my style of photography. I always keep things fresh and continually order new items for my work. As an artist/photographer I do have a specific style and taste that I like to stick with, if you booked with me, then chances are you like it! If you have a family heirloom etc. I am more than happy to use it for your photos.
RECOMMENDED STORES FOR OUTFITS & ACCESSORIES:
Jamie Kay, Bailey's Blossoms, Bohemiam Mama, Cora and Violet , H&M, & Baby Gap.
FAMILY/SIBLINGS - Applicable if you purchased as an add on
While Milestone sessions typically focus on baby/child, I know it’s the perfect time to get updated sibling images as well as a family portrait!
Here are a few tips and tricks to prepare for these images:
Sibling shots will typically be completed in the beginning, depending on age of sibling. Dress them in something simple and neutral toned. Please no stripes, plaid, or patterns on shirts. Cream dresses for girls and white shirts/blue jeans for boys.
Siblings will always be barefoot for these images so no need to worry about matching shoes.
Mom and Dad, go barefoot for a more organic feel. (Please remove shoes during the session due to little hands and feet that crawl on the floor)
HAIR & MAKEUP
Moms, I recommend professional hair/makeup if you plan on being photographed. You can setup makeup appointments at the beauty counters at Sephora, Ulta, Dillards, etc. Visit your regular stylist for a blow dry or loose curl style. I can share my preferred vendors list for specific hair/makeup stylists as well. If you don't wear makeup, please bring a tinted lip gloss and mascara which will help brighten your images!
STUDIO WARDROBE GALLERY (Coming Soon)
After the session: "How/When do we see our photos?"
That’s a great question! Upon completing your session, your images are immediately backed up. Once safely backed up, I cull through and carefully choose the best images.
Then I edit one for a sneak peek. This image will be posted on my facebook business page within 48 hours of our session.
My turnaround time for your full gallery is 1 week. I try my best to over deliver, I just pick the best moments to edit and share with you but I do guarantee at least 15 images.
Once I've finished editing your session, I will upload it to Shootproof. This is a photo gallery hosting website. Then I send you the link and you are free to download, print, and share your images.
Victoria Griest Photography
1242 Lincoln Way E
Massillon, Oh 44646