1) Wardrobe - If getting glammed up is your thing, I’m your girl! My studio offers a stunning selection of handmade, designer maternity gowns in a wide variety of bold and beautiful colors and styles.. If you’d prefer to wear a gown not provided by the studio, you’re absolutely welcome to.
My preferred gown vendors include:
Please keep your gown in mind when choosing undergarments. Reasonable gown wrinkles, pantie lines and bra creases will be removed in post processing.
2) Siblings - If you’re including older siblings in your session, we’ll begin the shoot with shots that include them. Most children are happiest during the first 20 minutes or so and then typically lose interest. I suggest bringing a snack, drink or toy to entertain them after their portion is over.
3) Treat Yo’ Self - Pregnancy is an extraordinary and beautiful time but let’s be honest, it can be exhausting sharing your body with another human. I encourage you to take some time to pamper yourself at the salon or hire a MUHA so you feel refreshed at your shoot.
4) Scheduling - I recommend moms reach out to me during the second trimester. I typically book out months in advance so scheduling at your earliest convenience is best to ensure availability. We’ll schedule a date for sometime between 28 and 35 weeks gestation, so your bump is nice and round but you’re not to that “uncomfortable” part of pregnancy yet.
5) Props - To add a unique and special touch, I always suggest parents bring something of babies to incorporate such as an ultrasound photo or pair of newborn shoes.
6) Shoes - If you’re session takes place at a waterfall, the beach or other outdoor location setting, please make sure to bring an extra pair of shoes that suits the location.
7) Have Fun! - These are exciting moments that rightfully deserve to be cherished. Get comfortable, relax your shoulders and let me do the rest! I promise, you're in good hands. I can't wait to see what we create!
Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive specials, studio updates and more!